Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Paris Hilton: My record is, like, so good!


New York -- Paris Hilton is no stranger to self-promotion. But when she asked DJs to play songs from her debut album, last spring, she wasn't so confident. "People go crazy," the socialite, TV star and singer said in an interview. "Everyone's like, 'Who is this?' I don't tell."
She explained: "I think when people don't know it's me, they won't judge it. But if they know it's me, then they'll be like, 'Ugh.' "
Paris, the album, is set for release today. Hilton's breathy, reggae-infused single, Stars Are Blind, has climbed to the top of Billboard's dance music chart. She says of the album: "I, like, cry when I listen to it, it's so good." As for her reality TV appearances: "I'm always playing a character," she said. " . . . I don't really want to show everyone the real me."

No comments: